Friday, October 28, 2011

HIS WILL OUR REASONABLE SERVICE


HIS WILL NOT OURS


God is able to raise up and bring down leaders in every sphere whether government or the church.  God is also able to entrust his anointing to whomever he pleases. Truly it is God that assigns people to a place in the body!  Everyone is not anointed to do the same thing.  It's God that places people in the body! It's God that gifts people! It's God's will, not ours.  The body of Christ can not function as a free for all with each individual choosing his place, but rather is must function according to his will and his pleasure.

OUR REASONABLE SERVICE IS HIS WILL

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

As we seek God, he's working his will and his plan in our lives. The quicker we yield to him, the quicker we'll find ourselves satisfied with his will! He's doing the work so we may as well yield!

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

JESUS DESIRED HIS WILL 

Even Jesus had one desire and that was to do the will of God. He didn't go his own way or do his own thing but rather he was one with the Father carrying out the Father's will!

This scripture prophesied of Jesus:

Psalm 40:7-9 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 9I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.


May we like Jesus desire the will of God for our lives, submitting and allowing him to conform us. He is working in us to will and to do his good pleasure! The key word there is good! Whatever God wants is the good thing. If we will approach God and say, "Have your way Oh God in my life," he surely will do a good work!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment